Vivek Ranjan Agnihotri shared his views about Netflix’s new TV program Bombay Begums, said “This is pure bullish*t”.
Indian film director Vivek Ranjan Agnihotri took to his twitter and shared his views about Netflix’s new TV program Bombay Begums, which was released on March 8, 2021. He tweeted, “This is pure bullsh*t. The makers’ mind is full of crap. #BombayBegums“
Vivek Agnihotri’ reaction to Netflix’s Bombay Begums:
About Bombay Begums:
Bombay Begums is the new TV program released on march 8 on Netflix, starring Pooja Bhatt, Shahana Goswami and Amruta in the lead roles. The program, directed by Alankrita Shrivastava who has previously made Lipstick Under My Burkha and Dolly Kitty Aur Woh Chamakte Sitaare. received a negative response from the critics and audiences for ‘inappropriate portrayal’ of the children in the series and also received an IMDb of 4.5.
‘Bombay Begums’ portrays the story of five ambitious women who, from boardrooms to society’s margins and from various walks of life, navigate their dreams, desires and disappointments in modern Mumbai.
The National Child Rights Body(NCPCR) has asked the OTT platform to stop streaming Bombay Begums within 24 hours, failing which it would be “constrained to initiate appropriate legal action”. NCPCR chairperson Priyank Kanoongo said in a statement, “We have sought stopping the streaming of Bombay Begums over the inappropriate portrayal of children in the series’’.
NCPCR objected the alleged inappropriate portrayal of the children and explained the contents used in the series like ‘casual sex’ and ‘drug abuse’ could “pollute young minds” and could also result in abuse and exploitation of children.
The commission said in its notice, “Netflix should take extra precaution while streaming any content in respect of the children or for the children and shall also refrain from getting into such things”.
“Therefore, you are directed to look into this matter and immediately stop streaming of this series and furnish a detailed action report within 24 hours, failing which the Commission will be constrained to initiate appropriate action pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 of the CPCR (Commission for Protection of Child Rights) Act, 2005,” the NCPCR further said in their notice.
Filmmaker Hansal Mehta’s tweet on NCPCR’s demand:
Filmmaker Hansal Mehta tweeted his reaction to NCPCR’s demand to remove Bombay Begums from Netflix. Reacting to the commission’s objection against the ‘inappropriate approval’ of children in the recently released series, he wrote, “Do these people spend all their time watching OTT shows or do they actually work for Child rights?”
Check out his tweet here:
Stay tuned with us for more exciting and trending updates!