BTS, the biggest boyband in the world, has been making music and changing lives for 7 years now since their debut on 13th June 2013. The hardworking Korean group released two full albums (and a small Japanese album) in 2020, along with so much more content and keep on winning award after award and has new achievements every other day.
Join us in looking back at their 7th year!
Here are some of BTS’s notable achievements from 2020.
- BTS released their 4th full-length studio album “MAP OF THE SOUL: 7”, it debuted at #1 in the top 5 music market worldwide (US, Japan, UK, Germany, France) and 21 #1’s official charts.
- “MAP OF THE SOUL: 7” debuted at #1 on Billboard 200 with 422,000 units sold, one of the biggest debuts of the year. It’s now certified Platinum in the US.
- In 2020, BTS dropped “Black Swan” and had the first live performance on The Late Late Show With James Corden. The song debuted with 5.7M streams on Spotify and #57 on Hot 100. It also achieved 100+ #1’s iTunes.
- Won “Album Of The Year” Daesang at Genie Music Awards Melon Music Awards Mnet Asian Music Awards.
- In 2020, BTS achieved 27 new tracks reaching 100 million streams on Spotify. They now have 47 in total, the most by any group.
- BTS is the most streamed group of 2020 on Spotify Wrapped with 4.7 billion streams.
- BTS released their 4th Japanese album “MAP OF THE SOUL: 7 ~ The Journey ~”, it sold 447,869 copies the first day on Oricon, the biggest opening by a Korean act. It ranked #4 on the Billboard Japan Year-End chart and is now certified 3x Platinum (750,000 copies)
- Their English release “Dynamite” became a global hit and continues to break records and hold up support even after several months of its release. It posts the biggest debut of all-time on both Spotify counter and Youtube, earning 12.6M streams on Spotify and 101.1M views on Youtube on its first day of release. It also set the premiere records on Youtube with 3M concurrent viewers.
- “Dynamite” debuted #1 on Billboard Hot 100 with 300,000 pure sales in its first week, becoming their first No 1 hit. It later spent 3 weeks atop the chart and 11 weeks (so far) in the top 10.
— 방탄소년단 (@BTS_twt) September 8, 2020
- “Dynamite” become BTS’s biggest radio hit, reaching top 5 Pop Radio and top 10 Overall Radio Songs in the US. It peaked with 71.57M audience impressions on Mediabase and charted in 5 different radio formats.
- “Dynamite” is nominated for “Best Pop Duo/Group Performance” at the 2021 GRAMMYS.
- BTS gained 18.7 million subscribers (BANGTANTV), 13.9 million followers on Instagram, 8.6 million followers on Twitter, 11.5 million followers on Spotify this year.
- BTS earns 12 Billboard Hot 100 entries this year, including 3 #1’s (Dynamite, Savage Love, Life Goes On) and 4 top 10 hits (ON). They now have 19 entries in total.
- BTS released “BE” on November 20 with 8 tracks including the #1 singles “Dynamite” & “Life Goes On”. All the songs from the album entered the Billboard Hot 100. They occupied the top 6 Billboard Digital Song Sales.
- “Stay” by JIN, RM AND JUNGKOOK is now officially the No. 1 Best Selling song on Amazon for the whole of 2020
- BTS’s online concert BANGBANGCON pulled in the highest amount of real-time viewers (not even including the ones watching on free streams) for an online concert.
Bangbangcon still remains the most viewed Korean online concert with 50.59M total views & 2.24M peak viewers while being a compilation of old concerts/musters & being streamed on only one platform!
Their single DYNAMITE broke over 125 records all on its own!! So it’s hard to pick out the most memorable achievements, especially when the members themselves had tons of personal achievements and broken records for their mixtapes, solo songs, projects, etc.
Although their world tour was canceled and all their plans ruined, BTS released album after album to keep their fans happy and spread positivity as well as hope during the dark year. And of course, their fans gave all the love and appreciation back to the group in the form of awards, records, and gifts.
Also Read –