Chakka Jam on 6th Feb: A countrywide road blockade(Chakka Jam) has been called by the agitating farmers on February 6, in support of their demand to abrogate the new three farm laws that were passed by the government last year.
In the Chakka Jam, all roads, national and state highways, will be blocked by these protesting farmers for 3 hours (12 noon to 3 pm) throughout the nation except for Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttarakhand.
Chakka Jam, called by the Samyukta Kisan Morcha, will be the first big event that will be organized by these agitating farmers after the Republic Day tractor rally, which led to violence and clashes. The farmers have been protesting on the different borders of the National Capital since November 2020. The congress has extended its support for the farmers ‘Chakka Jam’.
Essential information about Chakka Jam:
- Timings for the Chakka Jam will be from 12 noon to 3 pm.
- It will be held peacefully across the country except for Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttarakhand, said BKU (Bhartiya Kisan Union) leader, Rakesh Tikait. He further added, “The people who get stuck will be given food and water, we will peacefully talk to them and explain our point.”
- All roads leading to Delhi have been fortified.
- Emergency and essential services will not be stopped anywhere. But if you happen to travel on a highway on Saturday between 12 and 3 pm, you will probably get stuck.
- Security has been tightened near Delhi border points near the three protest sites by deploying extra forces and putting up multi-layered barricades, barbed wires, and nails studded on the roads.
- The Chakka jam will be a symbolic protest of the farmers against internet suspension at protest sites.
- The leader of BKU, Rakesh Tikait further added, “Dilli mein hum nahi kar rahe, wahan to raja ne khud qile-bandi kar li hai humare jaam karne ki zaroorat hi nahi hai (We are not going to do anything in Delhi, the king there has already fortified it, there is no need for us to do a blockade now),”
- He also said, “The farmers will pull out all iron nails of the government, and also pull out those fixed at protest sites one by one”.
“The way they are taking the nails off, they will repeal the laws also,” a protestor among them said.
Check out this tweet here:
There will be no road blockade in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand tomorrow; roads will be blocked in rest parts of the country excluding Delhi. The reason is that they can be called to Delhi any time, so they are kept on standby: Rakesh Tikait, Bharatiya Kisan Union pic.twitter.com/5F1jddM7j8
— ANI (@ANI) February 5, 2021
Let us all hope that this ‘Chakka Jam’ will turn out to be a peaceful act by these protesting farmers and prove somewhat effectual.