Emma Watson fans are freaking out over rumors ‘she’s retiring from acting’. Hollywood actress Emma Watson, best known for her role as Hermione Granger in the ‘Harry Potter’ series has reportedly retired from acting.
Social media has been abuzz with rumours about the actress allegedly taking a step back from her film career. According to a report, Emma has gone ‘dormant’, stated her agent who went on to claim that she’s ‘given up acting’.
Why is Emma Watson Stepping Away from Acting?
A report states that Emma, who has been an actress since she was 9, has decided to a step back from the limelight. She is reportedly looking forward to spending time with her rumoured fiancé, Leo Robinton, a Los Angeles-based businessman with whom she has been romancing for about 18 months. The actress is also not taking on any new projects.
Everything You Need to Know About Leo Robinton, Emma Watson “Serious” BF
Emma Watson has been keeping to herself lately and spending some one-on-one time with a very special man. That’s right, Emma is cuffed, and the object of her admiration is the super cute Leo Robinton. They’ve stayed pretty private thus far, but here’s some information on the guy who has stole Emma’s heart.
1. He’s a businessman: Leo, according to The Sun, is a 31-year-old businessman from Los Angeles.
2. They were first spotted out together in October 2019: First news was broke of the couple over a year ago, when the pair was seen kissing in London. At the time, Leo was still regarded as a “mystery man,” though his identity was later confirmed.
3. Their relationship was confirmed in April 2020: Months after they were first spotted out together, They confirmed their relationship, and finally identified Emma’s BF as Leo. A source told that “Emma and Leo did everything in their power to keep their relationship private,” which is probably why we haven’t heard too much about them over the past year.
4. They’re very serious: Apparently, things are getting quite serious between Emma and Leo and a source told that he has met the actress’ parents just a few months into dating.
5. They may even be engaged: There are even rumors that Leo even popped the question to Emma, though these haven’t been confirmed. Last week, a source reported that Emma has taken a step back from acting. According to a source, she’s “gone underground, she is settling down with Leo. They’re laying low. Maybe she wants a family.”
The site also called Leo her “rumored fiancé,” though, again, this hasn’t been confirmed. Earlier this month, though, the actress was spotted wearing a band on her ring finger, which initially sparked the rumors.
6. Leo isn’t on social media: After his identity became public, Leo reportedly left all forms of social media “in an attempt to protect their romance. Since then, he has not returned, but he does have a private Instagram account followed by Emma, though it has no posts.
7. Leo has lots of siblings: Leo has a big family complete with a twin brother, Archer, an older brother Charlie, 35, and two sisters, Lily, 26, and Daisy, 33.
Fans get emotional on Emma’s retirement
With these swirling rumours, came a wave of reactions from fans on social media. Those following Emma’s work from her ‘Harry Potter’ days, right up to her 2019 film ‘Little Women’, expressed their shock over the news. While some wished her the best and respected her decision to leave behind show business, there were many others who were left in absolute shambles.
Many fans flocked to social media to express their sadness over Emma’s potential decision to quit the industry, with one tweeting, “Emma Watson just retired from acting could this year get any worse?” Another added, “I haven’t even been awake for 10 minutes of the day to only discover Emma watson’s retired from movies. Down horrendous today already.”
A third shared, “Rumor has it Emma Watson retired from acting. Makes me kinda sad, I love her and her projects. But regardless I respect her decision and whatever makes her happiest.”
See the fan reaction that poured in on Twitter:
everyone say thank you emma watson for gracing us with the legend that is hermione granger pic.twitter.com/Ivjq2Hm2BL
— jonah ♡ (@rogersmarvels) February 25, 2021
a moment of silence for emma watson's amazing acting roles 😭 pic.twitter.com/BGPYY65N4E
— seni (@lizzieshermione) February 24, 2021
We are so proud of you Emma Watson and all you achieve.
Your fight for women rights is so inspiring.
Thank you for bieng an exemple to all girls out there. pic.twitter.com/wmU1BBOswa
— nini²³🧸⁸❈⁵ (@Kjapanesetoe) February 25, 2021
Emma Watson retiring is something very personal to me. No I will not be getting over this pic.twitter.com/1DKfYZZGNo
— I like book boys (@Iambarelyahuman) February 24, 2021
emma watson has given us some of the most iconic roles. i'm wishing her all the best for the future. she deserves this. 💛 pic.twitter.com/jGvb9HwBtz
— Sien 🌸 (@dob_styles) February 25, 2021
emma watson is retiring. we didn't appreciate her career enough 💔 pic.twitter.com/VwkeHkTNh2
— fran multi 💫🕷️🕸️🦇 (@hpspideywayne) February 25, 2021
While this rumour has flooded the internet with everyone going all emotional and sad, Emma’s manager reportedly said “Emma has no plans for retirement”
Emma Watson was trending because of an article in The Daily Mail that suggested she would be retiring from acting in order to focus on settling down with her partner, Leo Robinton. However, this isn’t the case. Jason Weinberg, the actress’s manager at Untitled Entertainment, has confirmed that Emma has no plans to retire.
Emma Watson is not retiring from acting.
— DiscussingFilm (@DiscussingFilm) February 25, 2021
WHAT DID EMMA WATSON’S MANAGER SAY?
As the rumour of Emma Watson taking retirement from acting gained steam, her manager Jason Weinberg said in a statement to EW, “Emma’s social media accounts are dormant but her career isn’t.”
HOW DID THE RUMOUR START DOING THE ROUNDS?
A report in Daily Mail on Sunday had claimed that Emma Watson had gone ‘dormant’ and was stepping back from limelight to settle down with boyfriend Leo Robinton. The actress has been in a relationship with Robinton for one-and-a-half years. The portal had quoted a source as saying, “Emma has gone underground, she is settling down with Leo. They’re laying low. Maybe she wants a family.”
Emma Watson has been relatively light on her screen roles recently. She was last seen on screen in 2019 film Little Women as Meg March.The film was directed by Greta Gerwig and received many nominations at the Oscars that year. She was earlier seen in The Circle and the live-action Beauty and the Beast.
To know more, keep reading the space and stay updated!