‘Bigg Boss’ is a total package – a cringe-fest of a show, a case study on human behavior, and a testing ground for the character and mental strength of controversial celebrities when made to live without facilities. And also, a weekly jukebox of songs from Salman Khan’s movies. It’s a weird show. Where else do you get to see people dancing to peppy songs as soon as they wake up?-Bigg Boss!!
Currently, Bigg Boss is running successfully on Colors Tv into its 14th season. Here’s a quick list for you guys, to know about the previous winners from respective seasons of Bigg Boss. Who do you think is gonna will this year, 2021?
List of Bigg Boss Winners (All Seasons- 1 to 13)
Season 1 – Rahul Roy (2006)
Season 2 – Ashutosh Kaushik (2008)
Season 3 – Vindu Dara Singh (2009)
Season 4 – Shweta Tiwari (2010)
Season 5 – Juhi Parmar (2011)
Season 6 – Urvashi Dholakia (2012)
Season 7 – Gauhar Khan (2013)
Season 8 – Gautam Gulati (2014)
Season 9 – Prince Narula (2015)
Season 10 – Manveer Gujar (2016)
Season 11 – Shilpa Shinde (2017)
Season 12 – Dipika Kakkar (2018)
Season 13 – Sidharth Shukla (2019)
Season 14- Rubina Dilaik (Maybe, 2021)
Drama sells – that is what ‘Bigg Boss’ is all about
The show as we all know has had run for the past 13 years with the highest TRP rate, as in every season the makers add catchy elements like Dolly Bindra’s fight to Sunny Leone’s pole dance.
Despite this, some viewers claim that the show is fake or scripted, some say that the winner of the show has already been decided by BB makers, however, no one to date proved the rumors.
Salman Khan’s Bigg Boss season 14 of 2020 is days away from its grand finale but there is still one question that continues to haunt India’s most controversial reality show – is it scripted? In 2017, ex-contestant Diandra Soares went on record saying that people should stop “wasting their money” on voting for their favorites as the show’s outcome is pre-decided.
Bigg Boss: Not scripted but very well-edited?
Most Bigg Boss ex-contestants say while the show is not scripted, it is so slickly edited that it is hard to tell apart fact from fiction. TV actor Shweta Tiwari and Bigg Boss 4 winner told Hindustan Times in an interview, “I don’t watch Big Boss that often. To be very honest, Bigg Boss is very entertaining and people keep talking about what has happened, but when I watch the show, I don’t know what to believe because I know a lot of it is edited. Many times, long conversations are only shown as two lines in the show, which then leads to misunderstandings.”
Bigg Boss can create ‘false image allegations’ for the contestants
Former Bigg Boss contestant Aashka Goradia had given an example of how this functions. She had claimed on a TV show that her sexuality was misrepresented on Bigg Boss. “My sexuality was portrayed in the wrong way. I was intentionally made to come across as a lesbian on this reality show through editing tricks and it was extremely embarrassing for me and my parents. I was rubbing balm on a sick fellow inmate’s body after she had broken into an allergic reaction, I was putting my hand inside her blanket so as to not embarrass her about her rash on national television and they made it look like something else was going on,” Aashka had claimed during a TV show.
Even the famous Bahu of Star Plus Akshara, portrayed by Hina Khan, couldn’t keep her calm and said something about her reputation, she mentioned: “they made me a Villan, post Bigg Boss 11”. She was a runner-up too in that season and undoubtedly the favourite to win, but to the audience, it was shown that she was a villain, not a ‘bahu’, not we were expecting to see. This made her settle up with the runner-up position. She called the show “well-edited” after she emerged from the house. “Bigg Boss is not 100% scripted, but in fact very well-edited show, that you see something and you react so whosoever said whatever… I don’t blame anyone.”
Some allegations from the previous seasons (1-13) –
- Rahul Mahajan made headlines when he broke the rules of the show and escaped over the house by jumping over the wall.
- Raja Chaudhary and Sambhavna Seth abused each other before getting really intimate on the show.
- Akashdeep Saigal had a fight with Mahek Chahal in which he threatened to bring out Mahek’s personal life and when Salman Khan scolded him for the fight he accused Salman of hitting him and causing him emotional hurt during his time on the show. After the show ended he again accused Salman saying that he destroyed his career.
- Contestant Swami Om threw his urine on co-contestants Bani J and Rohan Mehra. Later, the makers of the show evicted Swami Om. He has had several exits before on the show but later came back.
- .Armaan Kohli was arrested from the set of the show when a complaint filed by British singer-actress Sofia Hayat for allegedly assaulting her during their stay in the show.
- Priyanka Jagga, after creating fights in the house and saying nasty things to Lopamudra Raut and Manu Punjabi’s late mother got kicked out by host Salman Khan.
- The fight between Bani J and Lopamudra Raut got ugly after the BB Call Centre Task which leads to Bani trying to strangle Lopamudra’s neck.
- Vikas Gupta escaped the Bigg Boss jail three times and tried to escape the house by climbing on the roof after he was constantly harassed and provoked by Shilpa Shinde.
- Rashami Desai’s rumored boyfriend Arhaan Khan was revealed to have a child on national television. He had kept this a secret from Rashmi and this caused a lot of controversy in their relationship.
- Rashami Desai threw tea on Sidharth Shukla during a Weekend Ka Waar episode when Sidharth was constantly referring to Rashmi as “aisi larki.” Salman had seen all the drama live and he bashed both Rashmi and Siddharth for their behavior.
- Vishal Aditya Singh and Madhurima Tuli had got into a fight on the show. Madhurima was seen hitting Vishal with a frying pan and after this Madhurima was evicted from the show for physical violence.
All SAME IN SEASON 14 AS WELL
- Rubina Dilaik revealed the truth of her and her husband’s (Abhinav Shukla) divorce in November 2020, but still, they decided to enter Bigg Boss together. But they later announced they won’t divorce now.
- After a heated argument for a week, Vikas Gupta pushed Arshi Khan into the swimming pool after she abused his mother. Vikas Gupta was ejected from Bigg boss house but later re-entered the house.
- The heated arguments started between Rubina Dilaik and Sonali Phogat got ugly after both started abusing each other. Sonali also threatened Rubina and Nikki that after she will come out of the house she will send her man to teach her lessons.
Some Believe Bigg Boss cannot be “Scripted”
Former BB mate Digangana Suryavanshi says, “It’s impossible. 24 hours the cameras are on and it’s scary as you know you are going to be watched, judged, etc all the time. You know usually, actors are very conscious about their stomach,s and all so during events, people tuck their tummy in but what will you do in the house where people are watching you constantly. You cannot act inside the house at all and nobody can give you a script.”
We believe, No celebrity or contestant: Living with unknown faces, deserves to be judged based on 24-hour footage cut short into a one-hour episode. Should they be judged at all, it must be based on how real they are, that’s the real challenge. Judging them, shading them, or berating them for any other reason is just toxic positivity.