fbpx

Kanta Prasad: Owner of Baba ka Dhaba attempts suicide, admitted to Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi.

Kanta Prasad attempts suicide , wife said he has been in depression for the past few days

Owner of Baba ka Dhaba in South Delhi’s Malviya Nagar area, Kanta Prasad, attempts suicide on Thursday Night. Admitted to Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi, the condition of 80-year-old Prasad is critical. Police identified the face of the patient after receiving a PCR call late on Thursday, that a man, who attempted suicide, has arrived at the hospital.

A senior police officer informed,  “Police rushed to the spot and found that he is Kanta Prasad. He is currently undergoing treatment. His wife informed the police that he had been depressed for the last few days”. The reason for his depression and grief is yet to be revealed, however, his wife informed that he was stressed about his financial condition.

Why did Kanta Prasad attempt suicide last night?

Kanta Prasad attempts suicide, admitted to Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi

Wife of the owner of Baba ka Dhaba informed that her husband has been in depression for the last few days and that he had to take and overdose of sleeping pills as he was stressed about his financial condition. She is informed that Kanta Prasad is in huge debt right now.

She informed that Kanta had to close the restaurant he opened in December last year, and had to move back to the old roadside store in Malviya Nagar area, as the cost of running the new restaurant was around Rs 1 lakh while his income was only Rs. 30,000. Kanta has been in depression because of the heavy losses and had to shut the restaurant down in February.

He said, “The average monthly sales never crossed Rs 40,000. I had to bear all the losses. In hindsight, I feel we were wrongly advised to open a new restaurant. Of the total investment of Rs 5 lakh, we managed to recover only ₹36,000 from the sale of chairs, utensils, and cooking machines, after the restaurant shut down.”

Last year, Prasad Lodged an FIR against YouTuber Gaurav Wasan for allegedly stealing and misappropriating money that was raised to help him and his wife. However, the 80-year-old senior citizen apologised to the YouTuber, said he never claimed he was a thief. Prasad said he was wrong to say spiteful things about him. He said, “I made a mistake by saying ‘I didn’t call him but he approached us himself,’ I’d like to apologise.”

Also read: Harsh Beniwal new video: ‘Who killed Jessica’ trailer trending on twitter. Check out the release date and fans reaction here!

Scroll to Top