‘Slumdog Millionaire’ actor Madhur Mittal was booked for sexual assault by Mumbai Police on February 13.
Actor Madhur Mittal who was seen in Danny Boyle’s ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ was booked by the Khar Police for allegedly injuring and sexually assaulting his former girlfriend. According to a report, the incident took place on February 13 when Madhur forcefully entered his former partner’s house and assaulted her. The report further stated that no one has been arrested yet.
As per the FIR which has been lodged at the police station, Madhur has been booked under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code for molestation, sexual harassment, and sexual assault. Reportedly, Madhur’s former girlfriend met him in December last year and within two weeks, the actor had forced himself on her, under the influence of alcohol.
Madhur Mittal was charged for a “Sexual Attack” on his ex-girlfriend
The victim’s lawyer stated that her client had parted ways with the actor two days before the assault. She added that Madhur strangled her client’s neck more than 15 times, slapped her, pulled her hair, yanked her ears, punched her under the right eye, lifted her and assaulted her.
The advocate further added that it was a sexual attack and her client has been bruised all over her face, neck, chest, ribs, hands, back, ears and eyes.
A source close to the girl revealed, “The two had common friends, after which he added her on social media. They got close and he asked her out. They were seeing each other for two months. They parted ways and Madhur couldn’t deal with the breakup. He was shooting in Jaipur. Livid, he landed in Mumbai and entered her Bandra residence on February 13th. Unable to take rejection, he tried to force himself on her. He tried to see her again on the 15th, but the girl’s lawyer Niranjani Shetty asked him to leave the premises, and he complied.”
Madhur Mittal claims this to be a “False accusation”, says “This is affecting my career in many ways”
Slumdog Millionaire actor Madhur Mittal refutes sexual assault allegations against him https://t.co/4eAQw84Fbn
— Fenil Seta (@fenil_seta) March 4, 2021
Madhur, who has been shooting in Jaipur. Disturbed by the reports doing the rounds, he broke his silence through a statement exclusively to Bombay Times. He said,
“Getting to learn about things which are untrue is extremely disturbing, there have been WhatsApp messages filled with stories that are assassinating my character. These are being forwarded for weeks in casting directors’ groups denying me work.”
“I’m the only earning member of my family since the age of seven and all these reports in the media are affecting me, my family and my career in more ways than you can imagine.”
Madhur adds, “I urge everyone to not jump to conclusions about me through these one-sided reports in the media. I have faith in the law and the actual truth shall be out soon.”
The actress’ lawyer Niranjani Shetty, told Bombay Times, “That girl was not in a state to talk to me. Her friend reached out to me. She had sustained injuries under the eye, neck and lips. I discovered that she was battered and sexually assaulted. Our concern was her safety, so I sent a letter by post to the police station. I personally went to the Crime Against Women Cell (CAWC).
They later called us and the FIR was filed. You cannot hit a woman, period. You may be in a relationship with her for two months or 20 years, it doesn’t matter. Men need to learn to accept a ‘No’. This psyche of entitled behaviour needs to change. They need to be held accountable for their actions.”
On the work front, Madhur was last seen in ‘Maatr’ starring Raveena Tandon. The film was released in 2017.
Keep reading the space and stay updated!